英语文章阅读

当前位置: > 英语美文 > > 优美的短篇的英语文章欣赏

优美的短篇的英语文章欣赏

作者:www.aqque.cn  时间:2019-06-20

 

  一篇篇的优美文章都可是值得我们学习的,学习一下吧。今天小编就给大家分享一下英语美文欣赏,欢迎阅读

  Life is A Journey/人生如旅

  by Jack London

  From the hell to the heaven,

  There's no straight way to walk.

  Sometimes up, sometimes down.

  Hope creates a heaven for us,

  Despair makes a hell for us.

  地狱天堂路遥遥,

  理想捷径无处寻。

  起起落落前行路,

  一线希望造天堂,

  千般绝望坠地狱。

  Some choices are waiting for me,

  Which one on earth is better?

  No God in the world can help me,

  Choosing is the byname of freedom,

  Different choice makes different future.

  前行歧路须选择,

  究竟哪条会更好?

  绝无上帝可依凭,

  自由别名乃选择,

  不同抉择造异境。

  It's stupid to put eyes on others.

  I have to make up my own mind,

  Going my way to the destination.

  盲随他人不明智,

  吾须定夺前行路,

  不达目标誓不休。

  Facing success or failure,

  It's no need to care too much.

  Only if I've tried my best,

  It's enough for my simple life.

  纵然面对成与败,

  谨记无须太在意。

  只要吾已竭全力,

  淡然此生无所系。

  A Red, Red Rose/Robert Burns(1759–1796)

  一朵红红的玫瑰/罗伯特。彭斯

  O my luve is like a red, red rose,

  啊!我爱人象红红的玫瑰,

  That's newly sprung in June;

  在六月里苞放;

  O my luve is like the melodie

  啊,我爱人象一支乐曲,

  That's sweetly played in tune.

  乐声美妙、悠扬。

  As fair thou art, my bonie lass,

  你那么美,漂亮的姑娘,

  So deep in luve am I;

  我爱你那么深切;

  And I will luve thee still, my dear,

  我会永远爱你,亲爱的,

  Till a' the seas gang dry.

  一直到四海涸竭。

  Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,

  直到四海涸竭,亲爱的,

  And the rocks melt wi' the sun;

  直到太阳把岩石消熔!

  And I will luve thee still , my dear,

  我会永远爱你,亲爱的,

  While the sands o' life shall run.

  只要生命无穷。

  And fare thee weel, my only luve,

  再见吧,我唯一的爱人,

  And fare thee weel a while;

  再见以,小别片刻!

  And I will come again, my luve,

  我会回来的,我的爱人,

  Tho'it wre ten thousand mile!

  即使万里相隔!

  The 4 Wives

  生命中的四位爱人

  There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best.

  从前,一位富有的商人娶了四个老婆。他最爱他的小老婆,给她华丽的衣裳和美味佳肴。他对她体贴入微,把最好的东西都给了她。

  He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He’s very proud of her and always wanted to show her off to his friends. However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men.

  商人也很爱第三位老婆。他为她感到骄傲,并常把她作为在朋友面前炫耀的资本。但他同时也忧心忡忡,怕她与其他男人跑了。

  He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant’s confidante. However, the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times.

  当然,商人也爱二老婆,她既善解人意又耐心。事实上,她是商人的红颜知己。每每遇到困难,他就会找她,而她也总能帮助他走出困境,度过难关。

  Now, the merchant’s 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

  至于大老婆,她是一位忠诚的伴侣,替他照料生意、打理家务,忙里忙外,可谓劳苦功高。然而,尽管她爱得这么深,商人却偏不钟情于她,甚至没把她放在心上。

  One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, “Now I have 4 wives with me. But when I die, I’ll be alone. How lonely I’ll be!"

  一日,商人得了重病,他自知将不久于人世。当他回顾自己奢华的一生,不禁心中怅然:“现在我虽然有四个老婆相伴,但死后却要孤零零一人。多寂寞啊!”

  Thus, he asked the 4th wife, “I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?” “No way!” replied the 4th wife and she turned away without another word.

  于是,他问小老婆:“我最疼你,给你买最漂亮的衣服,还对你呵护备至。现在我就要离开这个世界了,你愿意随我而去,与我相伴吗?”“绝不可能!”她丢下一句话,径自走开了。

  The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant’s heart. The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, “I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?” “No!” replied the 3rd wife. “Life is so good over here! I’m going to remarry when you die!” The merchant’s heart sank and turned cold.

本文编辑:www.aqque.cn